Saturday, August 22, 2009

Still in the news

Health care is still in the news. I hear that AARP is losing members because they support health care changes. Somebody should tell them there isn't much chance the administration can save millions of dollars in medicare money without making some serious changes. I think most people who have medicare are satisfied with how it is now. That same mind set is there for those who like their health care just as it is. You go to the family doctor, who decides what you need to do. I'm not sure I want a doctor who answer to the government deciding what I can do.

Of course I'm not using my medicare so my premiums are going to help with the deficit in medicare. Someday I will need it I'm sure. I hate to think that it will be different then.

Oh well at least they stopped calling me un-american for questioning the plan. This particular un american served his country in time of war for them. He also paid his taxes and held a job for all those years. I wasn't unamerican until I stopped agreeing with the government. What a load of horse manure.

We condemned Iran for squashing decent but it's okay for these guys to do it. I just don't know where their heads are.

I also do not feel the moral imperative to provide government sponsored health care for every American. There are lots of people who could afford health care today but choose not to buy it. There were times in my life when I didn't carry health care. I knew the it was risky but I preferred to spend my money on wine women and song. So they are going to make us all cover people who don't feel they need to be covered. Well at least their taxes will go up as well. Oh they probably don't pay taxes so will be exempt. Well maybe we won't have to pay them to take the insurance. Then again who knows.

4 comments:

  1. We condemn Iran because they are out beating protesters into submission... the Iranian police are out of line.

    last time I checked, it was the anti-reform protesters who were getting out of line at town hall meetings. Shouting, screaming, and generally conducting themselves as impolitely and disrespectfully as possible.

    I really wouldn't try to draw parallels there. Those are two very different situations.

    Furthermore, the protesters in Iran had a point, the anti-reform protesters in our own country have been spouting fear-inciting lies. "The government will kill our seniors" hah! outrageous claims like that don't sound absurd to you? have you looked at the facts? Or do you believe everything you hear from Fox news?

    I fought for our country too, so I understand where you're coming from, but we should get informed and not be frightened into allowing the current broken system to remain. Look at the last time we ignored the facts and followed our fears. We're still trying to get out of Iraq...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you obviously disagree with me does that mean YOU are a racist. I'm sorry I couldn't resist that. If you disagree with the president you have to be a racist or a terrorist. Those words I didn't hear on fox news but from the mouths of the administration's lackies.

    I am just kidding I welcome other opinions. I am glad to see that you gave yours open and freely and I will show you all the respect a fellow American deserves.

    The big Democratic demon GW took his licks like a man. These guys just seem to whine about everyone.

    It truly is not respectful to call ALL republicans Assholes. Most are not. I on the other hand am.

    Ps I read the news on yahoo, cnn, msn, and fox everyday. Do you read it on fox as well as the other media, just to form your own opinions. If so what about all those uninsured. I hear the majority of them are either illegals or choose not to be insured for one reason or another. So they either are not eligible for health care or have access and choose not to use it. Do I have my numbers wrong or are you guys using your own scare tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Deacon... I found you on the bicycle motor forum. I like the title of your book in progress. I am also a Shakeperean scholar. My book is also named from Hamlet. "Sir a whole history" Brvnkaerv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good but I'm not a scholar of anything. I wish I were better educated I might be a better writer.

    I was an investigator with a southern police department for a while. I heard the phrased shouted at a jury by a defense attorney of all things. It has always hung in my mind.

    ReplyDelete