Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My wife twisted her knee so I have been doing her leg work. I am not a nice guy so I tend to get a little testy, when things don't go perfectly. So she says to me this morning, "We need to go to the post office." I tried not to imagine the post office as I have always known them to be.

So as I leave the car she says, "Get me a book of Madona and Child stamps."

I get inside and there are eight people ahead of me. They all have multiple packages. I knew right then it was frustration city coming my way. Sometimes I hate being right but I was this morning. It took two hours to get there, wife timed it at fifteen minutes but I swear it was two hours. When I finally get to the window the woman says. I don't have any of those in my drawer let me go to the safe to get more.

Another hour, five minutes, before she comes back to tell me that they have sold out of that particular stamp. I just took my money and walked away. When I got back to the car my wife said, "Well didn't you get another kind."

"Heck no." I said. "If I had you would have told me that we came just for THOSE stamps." After a few short words. I bought a different book of stamps for her at the grocery store. We had to go there anyway.

THESE ARE SAME KINDS OF PEOPLE WANT TO RUN THE WHOLE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. OKAY BEFORE YOU SAY IT, THEY ARE NOT GOVERNMENT WORKERS. IT HAS BEEN PRIVATIZED. SO IT IS THE DMV TYPES WHO WANT TO RUN IT. YEAH I'M ALL FOR THAT.
__________________

No comments:

Post a Comment