Friday, May 29, 2009

judges and real work

I have been busy working on my motor bike hobby. If I get an especially problematic build, I tend to neglect reading the news. If I don't read then I don't find anything significant enough to comment on. Today thought I did find time. This is the white house line on the new supreme court nominee.

"She was simply making the point that personal experiences are relevant to the process of judging, that your personal experiences have a tendency to make you more aware of certain facts in certain cases, that your experiences affect your understanding," Gibbs said. "I think we agree with all that."

So if this is true for judges why do they instruct a jury to put away personal opinions and judge based solely on the law. Are we going to have different interpretations of the law based on the judges race and religion. If so the courts system will seem more shopping than wallmart. Everyone will want a judge who looks like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment