Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh yes I'm gonna take it.

WASHINGTON – More than 50 million retirees can expect to receive $250 payments from the government in the next few weeks as their share of the economic stimulus package enacted in February.

I'm going to take it and I'm going to spend it on something frivolous, just like the government wants me to do. Why am no not returning mine, you might ask. I'm not because above all else I am careful with money. I figure I can do more good with it than THEY can. Which is why I thought the republican plan made more sense. Let the people decide how to spend the stimulus money. This is a very small part of the plan that actually might do some good.

By the way I can spend mine on stuff because I'm not drowning in debt. I'm not drowning in debt because I was taught better. It's sad that the government made it possible for generations of people not to learn that lesson.

You see it's like the old give a man a fish story. Instead of teaching people how to earn their own way in the world, uncle sam wrote them a check. It was just easier to do. So now we are paying for it. We always have, but now the government is way, way over extended and worst of all they don't seem to care. It's more of the philosophy that got us here in the first place.

I'll buy something and give somebody in the world a job. A few of them will be American jobs it's a shame that most of them will be foreign. Sorry to say that the way the free economy is working right now. There is a lesson for the businesses in all this but I doubt they will learn it. Make what people what to buy, make it cheap enough, and you will have a job. If you don't make it here, you won't have any customers to buy it here.

Manufacturers need to find a way to make their products in this country. It might mean a bit less profit for them, and it might mean Americans take a job that pays a little less, but at least there will be jobs. Without those jobs business has no one to sell to and they go belly up.

I hope they learned a lesson but the government isn't trying to teach them out of their stupidity, they are trying to buy them out of it. At the very best it is just putting off the hard decissions for another day and another crowd in Washington.

Business can learn the lessons if the government gets tough on trade agreements and illegal immigration. The government needs to get back to doing what it is supposed to do and get out of the business of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment